Sunday 25 August 2013

Today's Accident. Sunday, 25 August 2013.

The first of an occasional series of posts highlighting accidents.  I am doing this because of the very few odd occasional mishaps which may have befallen me now and again, which has left Sheila under the impression that I may very well be a little accident prone.

Anyway, I was working in the garden, taking down some of the hedge, which I think is trying to compete with the Meikleour Beech Hedge (the tallest hedge in the world).  It was a hot day, so I removed my t-shirt.  It was thus, stripped to the waist that I was making downward sweeps of the hedge and learned a very important lesson - unprotected stomachs and electric hedge trimmers are not a good mix.

A mere nick of course.  I've had worse and I shall survive.  I missed the chance of getting a chainsaw last week.  I am guessing that Sheila is pretty relieved about that now.

3 comments:

  1. "Very few odd occasional mishaps" eh? Don' you think you MIGHT be underplaying the severity of your tendency to be accident-prone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make it sound like I have an accident every day.

      Delete
    2. I don't even know how to respond to that.

      Delete